Catholics Come Home
The Catholics Come Home website is an excellent resource for those who are considering becoming Catholic, wanting to learn more about their faith, wanting to return to the Church, or just wanting to be more active in living out their faith. Here are some resources on returning to the church:
Section on Returning to the Church
Five reasons to come home to the Catholic Church
How do I come home?
How and Why to Return to Sunday Mass ?
This informative handout gives 18 good reasons for coming to Sunday Mass.
Powerful Video about the Catholic Church
View this video about the Catholic Church that gives an overview of the church and it's contributions to humankind, all encapsulated in two minutes. This video makes you proud to be Catholic.
Brochure - Living the Catholic Faith
Our archdiocesan evangelization commission developed and published this information-packed brochure of what it means to live the Catholic faith. View it here in three languages:
English | Spanish | Vietnamese
Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston - Resource Page
The website of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston has a wealth of resource links located on its Evangelization Resource Page.
New American Bible
You can view the New American Bible (Catholic bible) online at the website of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Beliefs of the Catholic Church
Catholic belief is succinctly expressed in the profession of faith or credo called the Nicene Creed. This is documented in more detail in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Additional Catholic resources are available online at the website of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
FAQs for Returning or Less Active Catholics
Our parish website addresses many of the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for Returning or Less Active Catholics. These include:
- Why should I come back?
- Who should I contact to counsel me about this decision?
- Where can I find resource materials to help me with this decision?
- What do I need to do to come to Mass?
- What do I need to do to return to the sacraments (receive Holy Communion)?
- What do I need to do about marriages occurring after I left the church?
- I am Catholic but not regular in my Mass attendance and/or I'm not involved?
- What should I do to become more committed to the practice of my Catholic faith?
- Who should I contact to counsel me about how to get more involved?
Go to our Returning or Less Active Catholics FAQ page.